Monday, August 14, 2006

How to make Macaroni and Cheese in the Microwave

I love macaroni and cheese, but I have never made it on the stove. Some people I talk to never knew if was possible to make Mac and Cheese my way, so I want to share this for the world to see and learn, after all: Teach a man to fish and all he have is a main course, but teach a man to make Macaroni and Cheese and he can have a main course or a side dish.

Ryan's Kraft Dinner Recipe

  1. Add to glass or plastic microwave safe bowl, and pour in water until it is at least a half an inch above the noodles.
  2. Put in the microwave for 4 minutes and then stir so no noodles stick to the bowl.
  3. Put in the microwave for an additional 3 1/2 minutes (be mindful that the bowl does not overflow).
  4. Remove and drain excess water. DO NOT RINSE.
  5. Here is the most important part, add the following in this order: (1) add a half of a stick of butter or margarine, stir until melted. (2) Add an eighth of a cup of milk and stir. (3) While mixing add package of cheese powder until completely mixed with noodles.
  6. If the macaroni and cheese is too liquidy for your liking, microwave on high for 30 more seconds.

By the way the best place to buy Macaroni and Cheese is from Aldi's. It not only works the best for this recipe, but it is only $0.37 (My next posting will be on more of my favorite deals or places to get bargains).

22 comments:

Kelsey Catherine said...

Wow, that was a stroke of genius. I love KD. And I DO make it in the microwave. I have a special pyrex measuring cup the size of my head to make it in.

Mom says you always were obsessed with mac and cheese...your favourite meal. I remember the night Jen Donkers burnt the pizza she was making us kids for dinner, and you came over, asked what she made, then made us KD instead. Poor Jen...she burnt water once...hehe

jenny said...

one more reason why i love you!!! mamma jen

Travis Keller said...

I've always resorted to the stove top. You've just proven that EasyMac was not a microwave neccessity but rather a marketing ploy. I love the homemade-style, baked macaroni. let me know if you have a good recipe for that.
travis

Ryan Schmitz said...

Actually my wife has a recipe for the homemade stuff. I have to get it posted on her recipe blog when she starts that later this month.

Anonymous said...

Ok. I have to admit that I'm a college student and I had no idea how to do this. I happened to google "how to make macaroni and cheese in the microwave" and got your blog. Thanks so much :-) Now I can finally eat lunch...

Anonymous said...

We nom nom nommed on this microwaveable mac and cheese all night long!

-M&M

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I thought it should have been cooked longer..........

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Daniel said...

Oh man this arti helped me heaps. The spark initiator doohickey on my stove is out, and a google search led me here. Thanks alot!

Anonymous said...

wow this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use it from scratch though :)

Anonymous said...

I suggest letting it sit after cooking so the macaroni can absorb the water.

Rob Green said...

10/10 better than the stovetop, thanks a lot :)

Anonymous said...

making it now...after the 4 minutes it clumped up...is that supposed to happen?

Thanks,
Thompson00

Schmitz Family said...

it does and so it needs to be stirred

Anonymous said...

I thought this was too good to be true but it is true AND good! THANKS SO MUCH!
-From a STARVED college student...

Schmitz Family said...

Great to hear! I was definitely there once, but still enjoy it when we can.

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thank you! So cheesy and perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll
check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


Feel free to visit my web page ... Factors behind Sagging Upper body

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It will always be interesting to read articles from other writers and use
something from other web sites.

My web blog http://chestfatburner.com/the-risks-involved-in-gynecomastia-surgery

Anonymous said...

Hi all, here every person is sharing these knowledge, therefore it's good to read this website, and I used to pay a quick visit this web site every day.


http://www.teeoff24.de/index.php?option=com_ijoomla_archive&Itemid=271

Look into my page Buy Test Force