I love macaroni and cheese, but I have never made it on the stove. Some people I talk to never knew if was possible to make Mac and Cheese my way, so I want to share this for the world to see and learn, after all: Teach a man to fish and all he have is a main course, but teach a man to make Macaroni and Cheese and he can have a main course or a side dish.
Ryan's Kraft Dinner Recipe
- Add to glass or plastic microwave safe bowl, and pour in water until it is at least a half an inch above the noodles.
- Put in the microwave for 4 minutes and then stir so no noodles stick to the bowl.
- Put in the microwave for an additional 3 1/2 minutes (be mindful that the bowl does not overflow).
- Remove and drain excess water. DO NOT RINSE.
- Here is the most important part, add the following in this order: (1) add a half of a stick of butter or margarine, stir until melted. (2) Add an eighth of a cup of milk and stir. (3) While mixing add package of cheese powder until completely mixed with noodles.
- If the macaroni and cheese is too liquidy for your liking, microwave on high for 30 more seconds.
By the way the best place to buy Macaroni and Cheese is from Aldi's. It not only works the best for this recipe, but it is only $0.37 (My next posting will be on more of my favorite deals or places to get bargains).